By Tony Ojeda, Sean Patrick Murphy, Benjamin Bengfort, Abhijit Dasgupta
- Learn the right way to take on each step within the info technological know-how pipeline and use it to procure, fresh, examine, and visualize data
- Get past the idea with real-world projects
- Expand your numerical programming abilities via step by step code examples and examine extra concerning the strong beneficial properties of R and Python
Data's worth has grown exponentially long ago decade, with 'Big info' this present day being one of many largest buzzwords in enterprise and IT, and information scientist hailed as 'the sexiest task of the twenty first century'. useful facts technology Cookbook is helping you spot past the hype and get previous the speculation via giving you a hands-on exploration of information technological know-how. With a finished variety of recipes designed that can assist you research primary facts technological know-how projects, you are going to discover useful steps that can assist you produce strong insights into monstrous facts utilizing R and Python.
Use this worthwhile info technology e-book to find tips and strategies to familiarize yourself along with your information. research powerful information visualization with an motor vehicle gasoline potency facts venture, study soccer records, how to create facts simulations, and become familiar with inventory industry information to benefit facts modelling. how one can produce sharp insights into social media info by way of following info technology tutorials that display the easiest how you can take on Twitter facts, and discover recipes that can assist you dive in and discover immense information via motion picture suggestion databases.
Practical information technological know-how Cookbook is your crucial spouse to the real-world demanding situations of operating with info, created to offer you a deeper perception right into a international of huge facts that supplies to maintain growing.
What you'll learn
- Follow the recipes during this crucial facts technology cookbook to profit the basics of information technology and information analysis
- Put idea into perform with a range of real-world gigantic information projects
- Learn the knowledge technology pipeline and effectively constitution your info technology project
- Find out the right way to fresh, munge, and manage data
- Learn assorted techniques to info modelling and the way to figure out the main acceptable to your data
- Learn numerical computing with NumPy and SciPy
About the Authors
Tony Ojeda is the founding father of District info Labs, a cofounder of knowledge group DC, and is actively concerned with selling information technological know-how schooling via either organizations.
Sean Patrick Murphy spent 15 years as a senior scientist on the Johns Hopkins college utilized Physics Laboratory, the place he excited about computing device studying, modeling and simulation, sign processing, and excessive functionality computing within the Cloud. Now, he acts as an consultant and information advisor for corporations in SF, new york, and DC.
Benjamin Bengfort has labored in army, undefined, and academia for the prior eight years. he's presently pursuing his PhD in laptop technology on the college of Maryland, university Park, studying Metacognition and common Language Processing.
Abhijit Dasgupta is an information advisor operating within the higher DC-Maryland-Virginia quarter, with numerous years of expertise in biomedical consulting, enterprise analytics, bioinformatics, and bioengineering consulting.
Table of Contents
- Preparing Your facts technology Environment
- Driving visible research with car facts (R)
- Simulating American soccer information (R)
- Modeling inventory industry facts (R)
- Visually Exploring Employment information (R)
- Creating Application-oriented Analyses utilizing Tax information (Python)
- Driving visible Analyses with vehicle information (Python)
- Working with Social Graphs (Python)
- Recommending videos at Scale (Python)
- Harvesting and Geolocating Twitter information (Python)
- Optimizing Numerical Code w
By Mark L. Murphy
This is often the one so much complete and present booklet on Android programming, from getting your first undertaking began to complicated subject matters like integrating maps, encrypted databases, and integrating with different applications.
Version 4.2 of the publication published in Sep 2012.
By Sam Ruby, Dave Thomas, David Heinemeier Hansson
Rails simply retains on altering. either Rails three and four, in addition to Ruby 1.9 and 2.0, carry enormous quantities of advancements, together with new APIs and giant functionality improvements. The fourth version of this award-winning vintage has been reorganized and refocused so it truly is extra worthwhile than ever prior to for builders new to Ruby and Rails.
Rails four introduces a couple of user-facing adjustments, and the e-book has been up to date to check all of the newest adjustments and new top practices in Rails. This comprises complete help for Ruby 2.0, controller issues, Russian Doll caching, robust parameters, Turbolinks, new try out and bin listing layouts, and masses more.
Ruby on Rails is helping you produce high quality, beautiful-looking internet functions speedy. you consider developing the appliance, and Rails looks after the details.
Tens of hundreds of thousands of builders have used this award-winning ebook to benefit Rails. it is a huge, far-reaching educational and reference that is urged through the Rails center group. if you are new to Rails, you will get step by step information. if you are an skilled developer, this publication provide you with the great, insider info you need.
Rails has developed through the years, and this booklet has developed besides it. We nonetheless commence with a step by step walkthrough of creating a true program, and in-depth chapters examine the integrated Rails gains. This version now provides new Ruby and Rails clients additional information at the Ruby language and takes extra time to give an explanation for key techniques all through. most sensible practices on the best way to practice Rails proceed to alter, and this variation retains up. Examples use matters, Russian Doll caching, and Turbolinks, and the publication focuses all through at the correct approach to use Rails. also, this variation now works on Ruby 2.0, a brand new unencumber of Ruby with massive sensible and function improvements.
This version is for Rails4.0 and beyond.
By Charles Petzold
“Look it up in Petzold” is still the decisive final observe in answering questions about home windows improvement. And in PROGRAMMING home windows, 5th variation, the esteemed home windows Pioneer Award winner revises his vintage textual content with authoritative insurance of the newest types of the home windows working system—once back drilling all the way down to the fundamental API middle of Win32 programming. subject matters include:
- The basics—input, output, conversation boxes
- An creation to Unicode
- Graphics—drawing, textual content and fonts, bitmaps and metafiles
- The kernel and the printer
- Sound and music
- Dynamic-link libraries
- Multitasking and multithreading
- The Multiple-Document Interface
- Programming for the web and intranets
Packed as constantly with definitive examples, this most up-to-date Petzold gives you the final word sourcebook and instructional for home windows programmers in any respect degrees operating with Microsoft home windows ninety five, home windows ninety eight, or Microsoft home windows NT. No aspiring or skilled developer can come up with the money for to be with out it.
An digital model of this publication is out there at the spouse CD.
For shoppers who buy an e-book model of this name, directions for downloading the CD records are available within the ebook.
By Allen G. Taylor
The soup-to-nuts consultant on all issues SQL!
SQL, or structured question language, is the foreign typical language for developing and retaining relational databases. it's the foundation of all significant databases in use this present day and is vital for the garage and retrieval of database info. This enjoyable and pleasant advisor takes SQL and all its similar issues and breaks it down into simply digestible items so you might comprehend. You’ll get the products on relational database layout, improvement, and upkeep, allowing you to begin operating with SQL correct away!
- Provides an outline of the SQL language and examines the way it is indispensable for the garage and retrieval of database information
- Includes updates to SQL criteria in addition to any new features
- Explores SQL thoughts, relational database improvement, SQL queries, information safety, database tuning, and more
- Addresses the connection among SQL and programming in addition to SQL and XML
If you’re trying to find an updated sequel to the bestelling first version of SQL All-in-One For Dummies, then this can be the ebook for you!
By Pooya Eimandar
DirectX eleven is full of good points to satisfy the calls for of contemporary players, multi-core processors, and the newest Microsoft working structures. This instructional offers entry to all that with an example-led, simple approach.
- Learn new good points in Direct3D 11.1
- Discover the right way to enhance a multithreaded pipeline online game engine
- Understand shader version five and easy methods to create an editor for the game
DirectX is designed to create eye-popping 3-D visuals and immersive sound results present in a lot of ultra-modern notebook video games. DirectX 11.1 comprises quite a few advancements from its earlier model. it truly is designed to be extra effective, leverage the ability of modern day multi-core processors, and supply aid for classy shading and texturing suggestions comparable to tessellation.
DirectX 11.1 video game Programming brings remarkable strength and suppleness to programmers who are looking to excel in graphical courses. DirectX 11.1 video game Programming is an advent to making interactive special effects and video games, utilizing Direct3D 11.1. you'd be guided during the new positive factors of Direct3D besides XAML to construct an extensible multithreaded framework for developing 3D functions and video games at the home windows eight metro variety platform.
DirectX 11.1 video game Programming explores the innovations to establish a 3D multithreaded framework for metro kind images courses. you'd be guided throughout the strategy of extending your framework to make use of some great benefits of Direct3D 11.1.
We might then discover visible Studio version editor for loading and modifying your resources and render them with the Direct3D pipeline. we are going to additionally discover the helping inputs equivalent to keyboards, guidelines, Xbox controllers, and the way to render the full 3D scene utilizing digital camera, sound, billboard, tessellation, submit processors, and parallel libraries, in addition to aiding XAML. you'll additionally research the several ideas of debugging this system and will be good outfitted with every little thing you want to begin programming 3D functions and video games with DirectX 11.1 on home windows eight platforms.
What you'll research from this book
- Loading and rendering mesh utilizing the output structure of visible Studio version Editor.
- Draw geometry with texture and compiled shaders
- Load and render meshes utilizing the output layout of the visible Studio version editor
- Implementing asynchronous source loading
- Displaying functionality data
- Add collision detection, sound, bump mapping, specular mapping, and a billboard procedure to the framework
- Use tessellation for making improvements to fabric surfaces
- Compose XAML and Direct3D
- Add submit processing and parallel collision detection utilizing C++Amp
Written in step by step educational structure, we'll discover the construction of 3D functions and video games during the improvement of a home windows eight metro variety game.
Who this booklet is written for
DirectX 11.1 online game Programming Written for builders with wisdom of C++ essentails and 3D arithmetic who would wish to create metro variety video game at the home windows eight platform.
DirectX 11.1 online game Programming explores Direct3D 11.1 and Microsoft C++ part extensions besides introducing C++ speeded up mammoth parallelism.
Build strong and scalable iOS and Mac OS X online game applications
About This Book
- Learn to take advantage of and enforce the 23 Gang of 4 layout styles utilizing rapid 2
- Design and architect your code for quick software development
- Understand the function, regularly occurring UML layout, and members within the type diagram of the trend through imposing them in a step by step approach
Who This ebook Is For
This e-book is meant for powerfuble rapid builders who are looking to follow enduring layout styles with rapid to constitution and scale their software code.
What you'll Learn
- Choose the precise trend looking on the matter to be solved
- Understand the common type diagram of every of the 23 GoF styles and the way every one item participates within the pattern
- Use speedy to enforce those styles although the language does not offer all the object-oriented programming recommendations resembling summary classification, interface, and so on
- Architect your software program to prevent the overuse of reminiscence, time spent on calculations, or excessive community traffic
- Find how one can manage your code to make it safer from the surface world
- Prepare your code to make it extra versatile whilst the shopper adjustments or the third-party part hidden code changes
- Structure your code to alter the set of rules to use at runtime
- Deliver Flyweight accountability on your objects
Swift is a multi-paradigm language. It has expressive beneficial properties accepted to these used to paintings with glossy useful languages, whereas additionally preserving the object-oriented positive factors of Objective-C. It continues to be suitable with Apple's legacy codes and frameworks. A layout trend systematically names, motivates, and explains a basic layout that addresses a habitual layout challenge in object-oriented structures. It describes the matter, the answer, whilst to use the answer, and its effects. It additionally supplies implementation tricks and examples. wisdom approximately layout styles is usually the best way to make you diversified in comparison to different low-level developers.
This booklet exhibits you ways to exploit fast 2 to benefit approximately 23 Gang of 4 (GoF) layout styles, and is geared up into 3 different types. The ebook will current you the 5 creational styles, by means of the seven structural styles, and completing with the eleven behavioral styles as outlined by way of the GoF. every one bankruptcy will introduce the development via defining its function, which universal difficulties the development can be used for, its typical UML illustration, how each one gadgets provided within the classification diagram perform the trend, and what the function of every of those gadgets is. The e-book then provides you with a concrete case for example that would be used to enforce the development utilizing Swift.
Style and approach
A step by step instructional accomplished with screenshots and code highlights at any place invaluable. every one bankruptcy discusses a number of styles with its definitions and a simple-to-follow representation case utilizing a playground or XCText undertaking to enforce it with Swift.
By Yochay Kiriaty, Laurence Moroney, Sasha Goldshtein, Alon Fliess
Get your first examine home windows 7 and notice how even more efficient and effective the advance existence cycle could be. Guided by way of 3 home windows programming specialists, you will learn new home windows 7 functions and get a head commence exploiting them to construct higher consumer stories and purposes. themes contain multi-touch gesture help, images and video improvements, the Ribbon person interface (including the adaptation among home windows 7 Ribbon and home windows Presentation beginning (WPF) Ribbon), federated seek, the Libraries characteristic, Taskbar performance, the hot home windows Sensor and site platform, and extra.
* Allen Holub is a very popular teacher for the college of California, Berkeley, Extension. He has taught in view that 1982 on a number of subject matters, together with Object-Oriented research and layout, Java, C++, C. Holub will use this publication in his Berkeley Extension sessions.
* Holub is a typical presenter on the software program improvement meetings and is Contributing Editor for the web journal JavaWorld, for whom he writes the Java Toolbox. He additionally wrote the OO layout procedure column for IBM DeveloperWorks.
* This ebook isn't time-sensitive. it really is a very well-thought out method of studying layout styles, with Java because the instance platform, however the options offered aren't constrained to simply Java programmers. this can be a supplement to the Addison-Wesley seminal "Design styles" e-book by way of the "Gang of Four".
By Michael Bevilacqua-Linn
Solve real-life programming issues of a fragment of the code that natural object-oriented programming calls for. Use Scala and Clojure to resolve in-depth issues of units of styles: object-oriented styles that develop into extra concise with useful programming, and natively useful styles. Your code should be extra declarative, with fewer insects and reduce upkeep costs.
Functional languages have their very own styles that make it easier to resolve issues of much less code than object-oriented programming by myself. This e-book introduces you, the skilled Java programmer, to Scala and Clojure: sensible, production-quality languages that run at the JVM and interoperate with latest Java. by utilizing either the statically typed, type-inferred Scala and the dynamically typed, smooth Lisp Clojure, you are going to achieve a wide figuring out of useful programming.
For every one trend, you are going to first see the conventional object-oriented resolution, after which dig into the useful replacements in either Scala and Clojure. those styles are universal within the useful global and should develop into a part of your problem-solving toolkit. at the object-oriented part, you will see many universal styles, comparable to Command, method, and Null item. at the useful part, you will research middle practical styles equivalent to Memoization, Lazy series, and Tail Recursion.
Each development is helping you remedy a typical programming challenge. operating via them delivers a collection of styles you should use to unravel difficulties you come back throughout whereas writing courses. eventually, you will tips on how to paintings your current Java code into new Scala or Clojure tasks. you can begin off small, including practical code bit by bit, so that you can supplement your current wisdom with Scala and Clojure as those languages achieve reputation at the JVM.
What You Need
Clojure 1.5 and Scala 2.10.Optionally, Eclipse with plugins.