By Nicholas Adams
Eclipse of Grace deals unique insights into the roots of contemporary theology by means of introducing systematic theologians and Christian ethicists to Hegel via a spotlight on 3 of his seminal texts: Phenomenology of Spirit, technological know-how of Logic, and Lectures at the Philosophy of Religion.
- Presents incredible and unique insights into Hegel’s importance for contemporary theology
- Argues that, theologically, Hegel has been misconstrued and that rather more may be received through focusing on the common sense that he develops out of an engagement with Christian doctrines
- Features an unique constitution geared up as a collection of commentaries on person Hegel texts, and never simply offering overviews of his whole corpus
- Offers distinctive engagement with Hegel’s texts instead of counting on generalizations approximately Hegelian philosophy
- Provides an illuminating, obtainable and lucid account of the taking into consideration the main figures in smooth German philosophy and theology